Inside: How to Draw an eyebrow with an arch & hair
The eyebrows are a very important feature of a face.
They help us to detect how a person is feeling, happy, afraid, angry, confused.
Eyebrows are the focus of many makeup tutorials at the moment and it’s great!
Lots of people are practicing drawing eyebrows every day, which is not easy!
Supplies to draw an eyebrow on a face
Artist tip: As with any drawing it’s important to recognize how much space you are working with.
To do this, point to the middle of your paper with your finger or pencil.
This will tell your eyes how much space you have to draw in. It does not have to be exact!
How to draw an arch shape for eyebrows
Let’s get started:
1. This will be a drawing exercise, this means you can practice and adjust as you choose to.
After all, you are the artist!
First draw the shape of the eyebrow. Either arched or curved, eyebrows should frame the upper eye area.
2. I’ve labeled the inside and outside of the eyebrow. Also, the arch would align with the pupil of the eye.
These labels are just for reference, so it is clear what I am doing – You do not need to do this part.
How to draw eyebrow hair
3. The key to drawing an eyebrow is drawing all the individual hairs going in the same basic direction.
Start from the inside eye area and work your way to the outside, in short wispy strokes.
Try a few to see how it feels.
4. Repeat these strokes until you get to the outside of the eye, the hairs look as if they lay down more.
The line becomes more horizontal.
5. Use the tip of your finger to lightly blend the lines, filling in new strokes where needed.
6. Do this for each eye on your drawing!
There you go! You’ve done it and drawn perfectly shaped eyebrows with hair. Now if only mine looked this nice and plucked on my actual face.
What else do you need to add to your drawing of a face? Perhaps a pair of ears or a smile?