Today we will be drawing a microphone.
Microphones are mostly the same simple shapes, though they come in many colors and sizes.
Of course, there’s always headsets but then you can’t do a MIC DROP! haha!
Supplies for drawing a microphone:
- Crayons or colored pencils
- Black marker for outlines
Let’s get started:
First, let’s make sure our paper is landscape, that means sideways like a train.
Artist tip: point to the middle of your paper with your finger.
This will tell your eyes how much space you have to draw in. It does not have to be exact!
Ok! Let’s draw!
1. Draw a circle, lightly in the upper part of your paper. This circle will be the mic grille, where you would sing into.
Step by step instructions for drawing a microphone
2. Add the curved midline to the circle. This will be across the middle, like a belt.
Then straighten out the end where it will attach to the body of the microphone.
Draw another line slightly above this line, like a curved rectangle.
3. Next, draw 2 lines straight down from the mic grille, this will be the body of the mic, where someone would hold onto it.
How to sketch a microphone body
4. Draw a curved line at the bottom.
5. Now, for some details. Add another line on the body, under the top of the mic area.
Also, add a smaller rectangle under the bottom of the microphone.
This would be where the cord attaches. Add a cord, 2 wavy lines coming from the bottom of the microphone.
6. Don’t forget to add the mesh texture to the grille of the microphone. This is a curved, criss-cross pattern. Take your time.
7. Next, outline your drawing with the black marker, this will help the drawing POP!
How to color a microphone
8. The BEST step: COLOR! As the artist you can choose any colors you like.
Take your time and try not to leave white spaces.
You can add a background, maybe a singer on a stage, it’s up to you!
There you go! You’ve done it! A Microphone!
Let’s see what else we can draw together…next time.