How to draw a star by finding the center and using simple lines.
Today we are drawing a Star.
Stars can be tricky, so have that eraser ready!
Once I learned to draw them I remember practicing them everyday.
You can add to your star, extra layers, a fancy glow, make it taller or longer, make a group of them. Limitless, just like you.
We will start with a simple star shape and go from there…
Supplies to draw stars
Supplies you’ll need to have to draw your star and color it:
- Colored pencils or crayons, markers
- A ruler (if you NEED straight lines)
Artist tip: As with any drawing it’s important to recognize how much space you are working with.
To do this, point to the middle of your paper with your finger or pencil.
This will tell your eyes how much space you have to draw in.
It does not have to be exact!
Let’s get started:
How to draw a star from 2 dots
1. First above the middle dot, up towards the top put another dot.
2. From that top dot draw and A shape without the line that goes across the middle.
You can choose to use your ruler.
2. Draw a line from the bottom of the right leg stretches over the left leg, end the line way over to the left side.
3. From the left side draw a line across the A shape to the other side.
4. Now, from the right side where the last line ended, draw a diagonal line down to the bottom of the left line. (The only open end.)
Erase lines to sketch a star
1. Here’s where the eraser comes in: erase the lines inside the star shape.
Also, this is the time to adjust any points that may be too short or uneven.
How to color a star
The BEST part: color your star! Yellow is the obvious choice, but really a star looks fun in any number of colors you could choose.
There you go… You’ve done it. A Star!
Add some glow lines, or glitter, extra shine & make it fun.
Let’s see what else we can draw together… maybe a we could learn to draw a sun to shine when our stars go to sleep.