Inside: How to draw a beach with sand, water and even a palm tree.
I love the beach, I mean who doesn’t??
It is such a relaxing place, with sand and the sound of the waves.
The best part about drawing a beach is that it can have anything you dream of in it. Which makes it such a fun landscape to learn to draw.
Before we get started you’ll need to compile these supplies for drawing your beach scene.
- Colored Pencils/crayons
As with any drawing it’s important to recognize how much space you are working with.
To do this, point to the middle of your paper with your finger or pencil.
This will tell your eyes how much space you have to draw in. It does not have to be exact!
How to draw a beach scene
Let’s get started:
1. Draw a diagonal wavy line from the middle of the right side, down to the bottom of the left side.
This will be the sand side of the picture.
Next, draw a straight (ish) line across the middle of the paper. It may end at the wavy line or go completely to the other side.
3. Add some pointed wavy lines in the triangle space that was made by the horizontal line. This will be the water.
4. Add a small half circle(ish) in the sand area.
How to draw a palm tree on the beach
5. On the right side draw a long vertical curved line. This will be a palm tree.
6. Add another curved line parallel to the first one, getting wider at the sand area.
7. Next, draw 4 or 5 shorter horizontal curved lines coming from the top of the curved lines. These will be the palm fronds.
8. Add wispy curved lines down from the palm frond lines.
9. Add another rock under the tree, and some curved lines on the Palm tree trunk.
How to color a beach drawing
10. The Best Part: Color and it is totally your choice artist.
There’s obviously the traditional water & sand colors. Did you know though that there are some pink beaches in our world? Perhaps a little inspiration for your coloring creativity.
There you go, you’ve now drawn a beach! Ahh, I can hear the waves now. So relaxing.
What should we add to our beach drawing? How about drawing a fish in the water or a sun in the sky?