Inside: How to draw bangs to go with your pony tail from the front or the side view.
Today we are drawing Bangs, like hair bangs.
I have to tell you, I had bangs once and loved them.
No one else did…
BUT- unlike my head, they actually do look super cute in drawings.
Supplies needed for drawing bangs
- Colored Pencils, crayons
This is a drawing exercise, so no need to worry about being in the middle of the paper.
However, try to use as much of the paper for practice as possible.
We will do 2 different views.
As with drawing any hairstyle, it’s all about finding the shapes within the hair rather than focusing on drawing every strand. However, for an even more polished look added stands are key.
Let’s get started:
How to draw front view bangs
1. Start with the head/face shape, I drew markers for the eyes, nose and mouth- no detail.
2. Now, draw a guideline where the Bangs will end.
The shape of the Bangs will come from the top of the head, up quickly then down to the ending guideline. It should also be an elongated triangle.
3. Continue to make those shapes as you fill out the forehead area. The shapes will get smaller as you get to the outsides of the hairline.
You don’t have to make them all the same, make them a little wavy or the outside ones flipping out at the ends.
4. Ok, now erase the headline that is still showing and the bottom of the Bangs guideline.
I also sketched some eyes, just to fill the area, they are not my best by far!
6. Add Color if you want. Remember adding different shades of the same color will add depth to any drawing.
How to draw side view bangs on a girl
1. Start with the head/face shape, again I drew markers for the eyes, nose and mouth. Draw a light guideline of where the hairline will frame the face.
2. This is exactly the same idea as above… coming off the forehead and ending just before the eye area.
As you get to the hairline by the ear, you can make those strands/chunks of hair a little longer.
3. I’ve added a ponytail, so you can see how the hair would hang. It’s a sketch.
There you go…. You’ve done it. 2 Views of bangs you can use for all your future drawings.
Remember this is practice. Let’s see what else we can draw together…next time.