Inside: How to Draw a Teddy Bear with a Heart
Artists, today we are drawing a Teddy Bear with a Heart.
This is an adorable drawing for Valentine’s Day, anniversaries, or anytime you want to say I love you with a drawing!
It starts with simple shapes and is easily adjustable for your own special message inside the heart.
Supplies you’ll need for drawing a teddy bear and red heart
- Colored pencils or crayons, markers
Artist tip: As with any drawing it’s important to recognize how much space you are working with.
To do this, point to the middle of your paper with your finger or pencil.
This will tell your eyes how much space you have to draw in. It does not have to be exact!
Let’s get started:
1. First, put a dot where your finger just was, in the middle of the paper.
How to draw a heart
2. From this dot draw a heart.
Pencil on the dot, up, over and down towards the middle. Repeat for the other side.
Hearts can be tricky, make sure to draw lightly so it is easily erasable if there is something you want to adjust.
How to draw a Teddy Bear
3. Above the heart, will be the Teddy Bear’s snout.
This shape is an oval with a flattened bottom.
4. Now, for the front paws. Draw a half oval shape on each side of the heart, near the top where the heart is the widest.
5. Next is Teddy’s head. Draw a large oval that looks like the bottom is hidden behind the top of the heart.
Don’t forget the small line in the V shape of the heart. This drawing is all about giving a teddy bear with a heart after all.
How to outline a teddy bear face
6. For the ears, draw 2 half circles on each side of the head.
7. Add some eyes and eyebrows: small ovals above the snout.
Then, curved lines somewhere above the eyes. That’s your choice, Artist.
8. Inside the snout, draw a wide oval for the nose.
9. From the bottom of the nose, draw a J shape. Also, draw a reverse J shape from where the curve is.
This will create the mouth line.
How to draw bear feet holding a heart
10. Now for the feet: draw 2 ovals near the bottom of the heart. Angle them to line up with the side of the heart.
11. Add a large oval inside each foot, then add 3 small circles on top of that for the toe pads.
Artists Tip: Go over each outer line of the Teddy Bear and make it zig-zag, this will give a FUZZY texture to Teddy’s fur.
How to color a teddy bear with red heart
The BEST part: COLOR!
*The heart is a perfect spot to write a message!
There you go! You’ve done it! A Teddy Bear with a Heart!
Let’s see what else we can draw together… maybe some sparkles to add to our bear?